Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Week 2

So last week was a bit of a wash - with leaving for Boston Friday morning, there wasn't a lot of time to cook much. We got red leaf lettuce, broccoli greens, parsnips, English peas, bok choy, escarole, broccoli and potentially some things that I forgot...

Since I didn't have a lot of time, I gave a lot to Celine. I made a soup with the greens along with some garlic, beans and red pepper flakes. Straight to the freezer for a night that I don't feel like cooking. I still haven't used the parsnips, hopefully this weekend.


Since I wasn't able to cook, I'll give you a recap of the food this past weekend. Friday night we all went out to Midwest Grill in Cambridge, a Brazilian rodizio. Not terrible, not fabulous either. I know, I know, the non-ish meat eater going to rodizio but my dad has wanted to try it for a while now and this was a perfect opportunity. Oddly, the kielbasi was excellent. At a Brazilian place. Go figure.


Saturday we grabbed lunch at a small place near the USS Constitution. Delicious glass of wine, good calamari and a lobster roll. I normally love lobster rolls but this one underwhelmed a bit. LeSigh...


Dinner was terrific - the ENTIRE family met up at La Summa in the North End and had a great Italian dinner. Not only was the food delicious but it was really nice to see the whole family. I totally pigged out and had fettuccine alfredo (made with pappardelle, so I guess it was pappardelle alfredo...) and way too much wine.

Sunday was the baby shower and I was a little nervous because I had never eaten at Amhreins but thankfully the food was delicious and everyone seemed to have a good time. My veggie risotto was good but the cake was awesome. Kudos to Mike's sister on getting it - not only delicious but it looked adorable too.

No comments:

Post a Comment